The advantages of non-woven fabrics
1. Light weight: Polypropylene resin is used as the main raw material, with a specific gravity of only 0.9, only three-fifths of cotton, with fluffy and good hand feeling.
2. Soft: It is composed of fine fibers (2-3D) and is formed by light point-like hot melt bonding. The finished product is moderately soft and comfortable.
3. Water repellency and breathability: Polypropylene chips do not absorb water, have zero moisture content, and the finished product has good water repellency. It is composed of 100% fiber, which is porous and has good air permeability. It is easy to keep the cloth surface dry and easy to wash.
4. Non-toxic and non-irritating: The product is produced with FDA-compliant food-grade raw materials, does not contain other chemical ingredients, has stable performance, is non-toxic, has no peculiar smell, and does not irritate the skin.
5. Antibacterial and anti-chemical agents: Polypropylene is a chemically passive substance, not moth-eaten, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid; antibacterial, alkali corrosion, and finished products do not affect the strength due to erosion.
6. Antibacterial. The product is water-repellent, not moldy, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid, and is not moldy.
7. Good physical properties. It is made of polypropylene spun directly into a mesh and thermally bonded. The strength of the product is better than that of ordinary staple fiber products. The strength is non-directional, and the vertical and horizontal strengths are similar.
8. In terms of environmental protection, the raw material of most non-woven fabrics used is polypropylene, while the raw material of plastic bags is polyethylene. Although the two substances have similar names, they are quite different in chemical structure. The chemical molecular structure of polyethylene has strong stability and is extremely difficult to degrade, so it takes 300 years for plastic bags to decompose; while the chemical structure of polypropylene is not strong, the molecular chain can be easily broken, so it can be effectively degraded , and enter the next environmental cycle in a non-toxic form, a non-woven shopping bag can be completely decomposed within 90 days. Moreover, non-woven shopping bags can be reused more than 10 times, and the pollution to the environment after disposal is only 10% of that of plastic bags.
Disadvantages of non-woven fabric
1) Compared with textile cloth, the strength and durability are poor.
2) Can't be washed like other fabrics.
3) The fibers are arranged in a certain direction, so it is easy to split at right angles, etc. Therefore, the improvement of the production method is mainly focused on the improvement of preventing splitting.